• Eureka... I Have Found It!

    What's Going On About Town


    Midtown Farmer's Market (Event)

    Every Saturday @ 20th/K, 8:00 - 13:00

    Hosted by the Midtown Business Association (MBA) and managed by Unseen Heroes, this free, family-friendly market takes place every Saturday, from 8am-1pm, year-round, rain or shine. The Midtown Farmers Market showcases local agriculture, prepared foods, artisans and crafters, while providing an opportunity for Midtown residents and business owners to discover regionally grown foods. Anchored in the heart of Midtown, the market serves as a lively and fun gathering place where Sacramentans can come together to shop and enjoy the community with neighbors and visitors alike.


    Certified Farmer's Markets On The Grid:

    Sundays @ 8th/W, 8:00 - 12:00 (Year Round)

    Tuesdays @ Roosevelt Park 9th/P, 10:00 - 13:30 (May Through September)

    Tuesdays @ Fremont Park 16th/P, 10:00 - 13:30 (May Through September)

    Wednesdays @ Chavez Plaza 10th/J, 10:00 - 13:30 (May Through September)

    Thursdays @ Capitol Mall 6th/Capitol Mall, 10:00 - 13:30 (May Through September)


    ArtStreet: Building Community Through Creativity 

    February 5th - February 25th

    Featuring over 100 artists and performers, the project theme of a “street” will allow artists and those in attendance to explore and experience the notion of a street as transportation, connection, pathway, community and much more. Artists featured are both local and from around the globe, new and returning for their second exhibition with M5Arts.


    Crocker Prom 2017

    Saturday, February 11th @ The Crest, 20:00

    The museum that brought you Neo-Crocker and the Warhol Factory Party is stoked to announce Prom 2017, a 90s-themed night of spiked punch, wallflowers, and cummerbunds. Featuring arms-length-apart dancing, a VIP lounge, and chance to replace those embarrassing prom photos from years past. Dig out that too-small tuxedo and iridescent dress, and rock out to DJ Epik and Dog Rifle at this inaugural fundraiser supporting community arts engagement. Hair bar, late-night bites, dessert, and throwbacks included. VIP ticket holders will have access to a private lounge and unlimited hosted bar. General admission includes one drink ticket.


    2017 Oscar Nominated Short Films - Animation

    Sunday, February 12 @ The Crest, doors 15:00

    ANIMATED SHORTS (Running Time: 86 minutes)
    Borrowed Time – dirs. Andrew Coats and Lou Hamou-Lhadj, USA, 7 minutes
    Pearl – dir. Patrick Osborne, USA, 6 minutes
    Piper – dir. Alan Barillaro, USA, 6 minutes
    Blind Vaysha – dir. Theodore Ushev, Canada, 8 minutes
    The Head Vanishes (additional film) – 9 minutes
    Asteria (additional film) – 5 minutes
    Happy End (additional film) – 6 minutes
    Pear Cider and Cigarettes – dir. Robert Valley, Canada and UK, 35 minutes
    Important note: PEAR CIDER AND CIGARETTES, one of the five nominees, will be the last film in the program. An inventively animated first-person narration about a troubled friendship, there’s violence, language, sex, and drug use in it, and it’s not appropriate for children. We’ll have a Parental Guidance warning prior to this short, so that parents and caregivers can usher children out of the theater if they’d like. Other than PEAR CIDER AND CIGARETTES, the program is acceptable for kids.


    2017 Oscar Nominated Short Films - Live Action

    Sunday, February 12 @ The Crest, doors 18:00

    LIVE ACTION SHORTS (Running Time: 130 minutes)
    Sing – dir. Kristof Deak, Hungary, 25 minutes
    Silent Nights – dir. Aske Bang, Denmark, 30 minutes
    Timecode – dir. Juanjo Gimenez Pena, Spain, 15 minutes
    Ennemis Interieurs – dir. Selim Aazzazi, France, 28 minutes
    La Femme et la TGV – dir. Timo von Gunten, Switzerland, 30 minutes


    Reel Big Fish and Anti-Flag

    Monday, February 13th @ Ace of Spades, 18:00


    "The Vagina Monologues" 2017

    Friday, February 17 @ The Crest, doors 18:30

    V-Day Sacramento, in partnership with Sacramento Take Back the Night, is proud to present a benefit production of Eve Ensler’s “The Vagina Monologues.” Since 2011, V-Day Sacramento has raised over $110,000 to support local organizations working to end violence against women and children in our community. This year, 90 percent of event proceeds will be donated to Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWAP) and A Community for Peace. The remaining 10 percent will be donated to V-Day's global fight to end violence against women in the workplace.


  • Contact us

    Mobile (916) 539-2699


    Email Aaron@SactownLiving.com


    Want to receive our newsletter? Let it be known!